Dazed and Confused
Up until a month ago, truckers across the country were banking on the Trump administration to kill the ELD Mandate. That hope was crushed last month when the Supreme Court rejected a lawsuit against the FMCSA that questioned whether or not the law is constitutional.
With the mandate becoming more of a reality, and a 12/8/17 implementation deadline looming, there has been a whole lot of confusion surrounding the upcoming ELD law, and the government is fully aware of it.
The FMCSA is going "on tour" across the country to educate truckers and all other commercial motor vehicle drivers on how to make the big transition to Electronic Logging Devices.
Kind of like the Summer Tours you go to of your favorite music artists, but without all of the music, partying, good vibes or fun.
The sessions will include subject matter experts from the FMCSA, who will walk drivers through the process step by step, teaching them what it will take in order for them to be compliant come this December, when the rule goes into effect.
There will also be an interactive exhibit booth, where truckers will have access to ELD resources and materials.
Now is probably a good time to remind our followers that Owner Operator Direct has also put together a handy guide of ELD basics to ensure compliance.
Tour Dates and Locations
You can catch the FMCSA National ELD Tour at these dates and locations.
- July 13-15th – Iowa 80 Truckstop Jamboree (Walcott, Iowa)
- Aug 24-26th – Great American Trucking Show (Dallas, Texas)
- Sept 25-27th – North American Commercial Vehicle Show (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Oct 14-15th – California Trucking Show (Ontario, California)
- Oct 21-24th – American Trucking Associations Management Conference & Exhibition (Orlando, Florida)
- Nov 6-8th – Women in Trucking Accelerate! Conference & Expo (Kansas City, Missouri)
You can also Click here to register for updates and alerts on the ELD Rule from FMCSA.
Owner Operator Direct provides top notch trucking insurance to OO's, whether operating with authority or as leased drivers. Give us a ring at 800-499-1044 during weekday business hours if you want a quote, or answer some questions online and we'll email you one.